Let's Read it every day!

17.12.10

Topic 7

COMPARISON AND CONTRAST ESSAYS.
When I was a schoolgirl, I lived with my family in Dak Nong. I moved to Ho Chi Minh city two years ago. Now I am living there. It’s really a big and luxury city so I like a fish out of water. To break out of this feeling, every evening, I enjoy sitting at the back of my flat and seeing sunset views. I like it because it reminds me of my hometown. The sunset sceneries are the same at two places. Except this thing, they seem completely different.
The distance between Ho Chi Minh city and Dak nong is faraway but the moment the sun sets is similarly. Peacefulness is the first thing I get from them. Perhaps, it is because of the moving of the sun. The feeling when we contemplate the sun start setting has great comfortable. The sun’s color gradually changes from bright yellow to solf orange. This change makes it becomes breezy and cool. After a while, the sun looks like a fire ball. Moreover, the space gets more quite. In the city, the quantity of transportation reduces in dusk so there is not so much noisy. Similarly, in my hometown, the boisterous sound from machines in the factories is over. This makes me to be free of stress. Thus, whether being at home or the city, I still enjoy sunsets. Those are rare moments which relaxe me from stressful life.
Despite of similarlies, these faraway places have many different things. First of all, the density of the population in the city is too crowded. Except proclaimation time, we can see many, many people at everywhere we go. Every household lives in a tiny apartment and children have not space to play football. However, the density of the population in my country is sparse, the people live in large house and work on vast farms. Sometimes, there is nobody on the roads. Children enjoy themselves on large yards. Secondly, the citizens are prissy and hateful people. The men are cruel and the women are sharp-tongued. One day, I went out. Unfortunately, I hit into a man. Instantly, he glowed and scolded at me. Another time, I went shopping and intented to buy a lovely hat. However, the price is so high so I changed my mind. The shopkeeper glared and cursed at me. On the other hand, the country people are very lovely and honest. They never use strong words to anyone. Besides, they always help each other if there are problems in their life. The third difference is the landscapes. In Ho Chi Minh city, they are multi-storeyed buildings, luxury restaurants and hotels,… They are man-made and modern products. Unlike, Dak nong has a large forest area, many mountains, silt rivers ….. They are natural. In addition, the citizen might forget traditional customs. For example, on Tet holiday, they don’t do enough for the occasion. There are no “cây niêu” or pickless welsh onion or fork games. Especially, “lì xì” no longer keep the meaning: lucky money. Adults give children money to thank or apple-pollish their parents. Unlike, people in my country always keep Vietnamese customs so they organize Tet holiday or festivals happily and meaningful. Indeed, there are many different things between city and country area such as population, environment, people and customs.
Despite of differences, they all are places where I close-knit with. Thus, I love them and want to explore more than. Anyhow, they all have wonderful sunset which I feel warm and comfortable.

1 comment:

  1. The sunset sceneries are the same at two places. Except this thing, they seem completely different.
    -----which is your thesis?

    Mark: 7

    ReplyDelete